Welcome to GamerMob.com!

GamerMob is an internet video gaming forum to discuss all things gaming. Join the discussion around PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Switch, iOS, Android and more.

Halo Co-Creator Shares His Advice For Young Creatives and Those Aspiring to Game Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatmanH

Wise Member
Aug 25, 2020
The co-creator of Halo has advice for his younger self, people looking to get into game development, or enter any creative field; develop patience, and be calm and level headed. In this month's IGN Unfiltered, Ryan McCaffrey sat down with Halo co-creator Marcus Lehto to discuss his advice for up-and-coming game designers, the origins of Master Chief, his new real-time tactical game, Disintegration, and much more. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/01/06/disintegration-hands-on-preview-ign-first"] When considering what advice he would give his younger self upon entering the games industry, Lehto said, "If I were to look back, every 5... 10 or so years... look back at what I used to do and how I used to behave, and how I had tackled things at that time... I think just having a [more level] head, being [more calm] about how to go about dealing with problems that are difficult to solve, and having a little bit more patience... was one of those things I wish I would have been able to tell my younger self." [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=53-disintegration-in-game-screenshots-pvp&captions=true"] "At that time we were all so young, and we were all so inexperienced and incapable of understanding how to tackle the challenges in front of us. We were all figuring it out together." "It led to issues that could have easily been solved had we just had a little bit more patience, and stepping away from the problem for a little bit, absorbing what's there, and then just calmly going back to tackling that challenge. That's how I do it now, and that's how I feel like we can maintain a steady course without too much disruption as a result." [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/01/08/disintegration-32-minutes-of-story-mission-gameplay-ign-first"] For more on the best, brightest, most interesting minds in the games industry, be sure to check out every episode of Unfiltered, which includes interviews with 343's Bonnie Ross, Valve's Robin Walker and Chris Remo, Respawn's Stig Asmussen, and many, many more.
[poilib element="accentDivider"]

Brian Barnett writes features, wiki guides, & more for IGN. Check out his Final Fantasy VII Remake walkthrough, and get your fix of Brian's antics on Twitter and Instagram (@Ribnax).

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEMBERS ONLINE

No members online now.