Yakuza: Like a Dragon is coming to PS5 along with previously announced platforms, and will include an English voice dub option - the cast of which includes the legendary George Takei as antagonist Masumi Arakawa. Revealed exclusively as part of IGN's coverage of [email protected], the game will arrive in November 2020 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC (via Windows Store and Steam). It will be released as a launch title for Xbox Series X this Holiday, and the PS5 version will "release at a later date". Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be priced at $59.99 across all platforms, avoiding the mooted trend for more expensive next-gen games. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/07/22/yakuza-like-a-dragon-official-trailer"] We knew previously that the game would feature a free upgrade across Xbox platforms using the Smart Delivery program, but Sega has confirmed that a "PlayStation 5 upgrade path is also being planned for the Western release". After series spin-off Judgment included an English dub, which we said was excellent in our review, it seems Yakuza as a whole is now embracing the option. Alongside bringing back Greg Chun - who voiced Judgment's lead character - the headline is that Mr. Sulu himself, George Takei will be taking on a major role. The game will also receive full English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitles. Per the press release, here's the leading English-language voice cast:
- "Kaiji Tang as Ichiban Kasuga, protagonist of the story returning from 18 years spent in prison"
- "George Takei as Masumi Arakawa, patriarch of the Arakawa Family"
- "Andrew Morgado as Koichi Adachi, an ex-cop on the search for truth"
- "Greg Chun as Yu Nanba, downtrodden former nurse making amends with the world"
- "Elizabeth Maxwell as Saeko Mukoda, a bar hostess on a mission"