Welcome to GamerMob.com!

GamerMob is an internet video gaming forum to discuss all things gaming. Join the discussion around PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Switch, iOS, Android and more.

Titanfall: No New Games Currently in Development, Suggesting 2019 Title Was Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatmanH

Wise Member
Aug 25, 2020
There are no Titanfall games in development right now - suggesting a Titanfall game teased last year may have been cancelled - but Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella wants to make a new game happen. Asked by IGN if the Titanfall franchise was over in an interview about the studio's 10th anniversary, Zampella explained, "There’s nothing currently in development. But it’s always there." Last year, Zampella teased that there would be more Titanfall coming in 2019, with EA CEO Andrew Wilson subsequently mentioning a premium Titanfall game that would be a "twist on the franchise". It's possible that teased game isn't being developed by one of the studios Zampella is responsible for and has been delayed, but it seems more likely to have been cancelled. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2016/10/24/titanfall-2-review"] It's clear the studio head still has a soft spot for the franchise that helped build his company's reputation, however: "You see the little bits of stuff coming back [through the lore in Apex Legends]. At some point, I would personally like to see some kind of resurrection there. We’ll see if I can make that happen." Titanfall and Titanfall 2 were critically acclaimed, but never saw AAA scale success. Respawn's latest games, Apex Legends and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order have achieved that success, leading some to believe Titanfall won't be returned to directly - although Zampella's words offer a glimmer of hope. Famously, Titanfall 2 was released just a week after fellow EA-published FPS, Battlefield 1, which undoubtedly hurt its early sales. "I would say that I’ve been on record as saying that it was not ideal," says Zampella, looking back at that decision. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/11/17/never-have-i-ever-played-titanfall-2-episode-1-the-pilots-gauntlet-bt-7274"] Titanfall 2 has gone onto become something of a cult classic, with many citing its campaign as one of the best FPS stories in recent history. We awarded the game a 9/10 review, saying it's "rare that a sequel evolves on every part of the original concept so consistently for the better, but Titanfall 2 is that exception." Zampella address much more than Titanfall in our 10th Anniversary interview, hinting at DICE LA's new shooter, teasing what may be to come at EA Play this year, and more. [poilib element="accentDivider"] Joe Skrebels is IGN's Executive Editor of News. Follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEMBERS ONLINE

No members online now.