- Mar 25, 2020
- Reaction score
The Nintendo Switch just got a major software update.
Nintendo Switch owners worldwide should now have firmware update 10.0.0. Unlike most of the recent updates, this particular release is full of welcome, helpful features.
The biggest highlight is that Switch now allows users to transfer data between system memory and SD cards and vice versa. This applies to game data, DLC, updates and so on. For some games, save data – and in some cases, update data – cannot be transferred, however.
Another major addition in today’s update is the ability to remap controller functions at the system level. It can be done for analogue sticks and the different buttons, and you can even save up to five custom configs per console. Both Joy-Cons and the Switch Pro Controller support the feature.
Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for "Display play activity to:" and "Delete Play Activity" have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.