- Aug 25, 2020
FIFA 21 is seemingly making major additions to its Career mode, following years of criticism about a lack of meaningful changes. Announced on the FIFA 21 website, EA Sports has highlighted 8 key changes and additions to the long-static mode, most of which seem to add more emphasis to the management side of the game. [caption id="attachment_2384153" align="alignnone" width="900"] The new Interactive Match Sim view.[/caption]
- Interactive Match Sim (Screenshot above) - The biggest change mentioned so far, this looks to be a stripped back management experience in the vein of Football Manager. You'll be able to jump in and out of matches - to take penalties or free kicks, for example - while using the management view to make tactical changes as the game progresses.
- Revamped Growth System - On a more micro level, this will let you take a more active view of your players' development in training, and allow you to train players in new positions, for instance pushing a right back into a right winger.
- Match Sharpness - This is an entirely new attribute that controls how well your players will perform in "crucial moments" - presumably, alongside fitness levels, this could result in a higher need for squad rotation.
- Active Training - Tied into Match Sharpness, you'll be able to organise group training sessions that improve players' sharpness, including finishing or tackling training.
- Activity Management - Another Football Manager-like addition, this allows you to manage how much training and how much rest your team will get between matches, balancing Match Sharpness with morale and fitness.
- Enhanced Opposition AI - EA Sports says your computer-controller opponents will now act more intelligently when attacking and defending, and make more "informed" decisions, in order to keep the game fresh.
- New Ways to Sign Players - Career will now offer Loan-to-Buy deals with optional or mandatory future transfer fees, as well as player swap proposals.
- Set-up Options - Before starting your Career, you'll be able to set elements that make the experience more or less realistic, including 'Authentic Transfers' (no specifics on that as yet), or getting a cash injection through a Financial Takeover.