Welcome to GamerMob.com!

GamerMob is an internet video gaming forum to discuss all things gaming. Join the discussion around PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Switch, iOS, Android and more.

Doom Eternal's Switch Release Date to be Revealed 'Pretty Soon'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatmanH

Wise Member
Aug 25, 2020
Those waiting for news on the Nintendo Switch version of Doom Eternal won't have to wait much longer as executive producer Marty Stratton has said that the release date will be revealed "pretty soon." As reported by Nintendo Everything, Stratton spoke to Gamereactor at Gamelab Live 2020 and explained how they believe it will live up to the standard set by 2016's Doom on Switch and will indeed be the full experience. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/03/24/doom-eternal-final-review"]
“We’ll be talking about the release date pretty soon," Stratton said. "We haven’t announced that yet – I can’t do that now. It’s really made great progress. Panic Button, the studio we work with on that, as I’ve said before they’re masters of the platform. … we released Doom Eternal on all the same platforms we released Doom 2016, and I thought that was a real feather in the cap of our tech team, and I think this will be the same for Panic Button and our engine team as well because it kind of starts with their core that gets passed along and the optimization that’s done. I think it’ll be every bit as good as Doom 2016 was, and I’m super excited for people to get it." "Doom 2016 on the Switch felt a little bit like an experiment – that type of game, the mature nature of it, and the first-person shooter, how’s it going to play? It was fantastic on the platform, so I think we’ll take another step with Doom Eternal coming out just because it’s kind of established itself as something that really does work on the Switch, and it’s such a big, fantastic game. We’re really not watering it down at all. People can expect the full experience.”
Doom Eternal was released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and PC on March 20, 2020. In our review of Doom Eternal, we said "whether you’ve been playing Doom for a few years or a few decades, Doom Eternal demands your attention." [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=doom-eternal-january-2019-screenshots&captions=true"] [poilib element="accentDivider"] Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected]. Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEMBERS ONLINE

No members online now.