Welcome to GamerMob.com!

GamerMob is an internet video gaming forum to discuss all things gaming. Join the discussion around PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Switch, iOS, Android and more.

Control’s Next Expansion Will Help Explain What Happened in Alan Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatmanH

Wise Member
Aug 25, 2020
Control’s next DLC expansion, AWE, will further explore the game’s link to Alan Wake, and provide answers for players who “didn’t quite understand what happened”. Talking to Game Informer, Remedy's creative director and writer Sam Lake has said that we can expect to learn much more about the Federal Bureau of Control’s research into the Bright Falls incident when playing through AWE.

“We have this opportunity of looking back at what happened in Alan Wake and how does the Bureau see it,” said Lake. “Well, there was this otherworldly event that took place in Bright Falls and they suddenly have this terminology. We have people that say, ‘I loved Alan Wake but I didn't quite understand what happened, and now I played Control and I understand what happened in Alan Wake!’” Lake confirmed that AWE will definitely explore the events of Alan Wake. “I can say that you will find out more about the Bureau's research on what happened in Alan Wake and where they are with it today,” he added. Alan Wake, which released ten years ago, famously has an obscure conclusion. The two-part DLC story line - The Signal and The Writer - later helped clarify and extend certain plot elements, but to this day many players remain confused as to exactly what happened. Now that Remedy has built a shared universe for its games, the AWE expansion provides a new opportunity to clear up what happened in the strange town of Bright Falls.

AWE will be the second expansion to Control, following The Foundation, which our review explains is a wonderful return to the weird world of the Federal Bureau of Control. After that, Remedy is embarking on two more next-gen games set in the same franchise.
Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Entertainment Writer. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MEMBERS ONLINE

No members online now.